Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ene

Lifestorey @ Great World City

Hi everyone,

We recently placed an order for a fabric sofa as well as a dining table from Lifestorey @ Great World City. Anyone has experience with them in terms of delivery, etc? I hope they deliver as promised and not the type to come at 5pm when they tell you they'd come at 1pm !!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi everyone,

We recently placed an order for a fabric sofa as well as a dining table from Lifestorey @ Great World City. Anyone has experience with them in terms of delivery, etc? I hope they deliver as promised and not the type to come at 5pm when they tell you they'd come at 1pm :rofl:

Bgt 2 carpets from them recently. No problems faced in terms of their delivery procedures. In fact, they arrived earlier then arranged time. Having said that, their delivery guys did called to enquire if they could send the stuff earlier. Thus, no worries if they arrives earlier and you are not home :P

Edited by Tiff

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about Lifestorey. Excellent delivery, punctual and professional. You're in good hands with them.

My sofa was from LifeStorey and I have no issue with their delivery. In fact I kept delaying the delivery as my place was not ready and they were very accomodating about it

Phew. Thanks for all the comments! It's good to hear that they provide good service. Reading horror stories on this site about no-show deliveries made me slightly nervous. Hehe. My home is not ready yet (currently undergoing renos) so we might have to move the delivery date as well :(

Btw, I just wanted to add that I just called Lifestorey today to inform them of the exact delivery date because I now have my reno schedule. The person who answered the phone (not the person who served me) was not exactly helpful. He said "Oh, we are in retail side so we cannot confirm the delivery date. We will call you". Then sounded v hurried to put down the phone.

I really hate such places with bad after sales service. I was quite pissed off, so I said, "Look, we are all working adults. We need to arrange our work schedule to be at home to wait for the sofa. We can't just do it as and when you like!?" After I said that, he then became slightly more helpful.

FYI, the person I bought our sofa and dining table from is called Dennis. He is much better and less "attitude". I only spoke with the other person cos Dennis was out for lunch. Hmph.

Hey ene ..

We encountered bad after sales service from LifeStorey too ..

As LifeStorey at Great World City is having a moving out sale hence all in all we made 4 trips there (within 1.5 month) and for all the trips, we bought a few items.

In total, we bought 4 dining chairs, 1 dining lamp, 1 bedside lamp and a Kartell Panier side table. So being a faithful supporter of LifeStorey, I would defnitely expect better service from LifeStorey but this is not so.

I did not catch the name of the salesperson but he is tall and slim with a pair of hippy spectacles and in his late 30s. For all the trips, he did not acknowledge us and did not for once flash a smile at us.

For the first few trips, I still managed to smile at him but he simply turned his head away as if I had owed him money. When we asked him some questions, he gave us a very stuck-up attitude as if we are not his potential clients.

I did not expect this to come from LifeStorey and it totally pissed me off. :furious:

I did not catch the name of the salesperson but he is tall and slim with a pair of hippy spectacles and in his late 30s. For all the trips, he did not acknowledge us and did not for once flash a smile at us.

Hey! I think I know who you're talking about. I believe the person you're talking about is the same guy who answered my call when I rang to check on delivery date. The one whom I bought my stuff from, Dennis, is a lot friendlier and "normal".

Someone should make a complaint to management about this guy. It's not as if we are buying a $5.99 dining table!!!! 8| In fact, I think sometimes, you'd probably get better service at $5.99 places. Tsk.

His attitude is as if we can't afford but hey, if you bought so many items from him (which I'm sure cost quite a bit!), he should at least look thankful. GRRR!!

Bad service really pisses me off.

PRECISELY !!

I would expect him to at least show some appreciation too but NO .. in fact he made us feel as if we were there to pick up those discounted items and that we should thank them for charging us so cheap.

It's not as if their stuff are any cheaper than other shops.

Our last trip was really the last straw on my patience with this guy. I even commented loud loud that his attitude sucks and guess what? He simply walked away .. :curse:

For those who intend to shop at LifeStorey, we have no problem with the items that we have bought but if this guy can provide better service, it will definitely make us go back again even when they are not having any sale.

For those who intend to shop at LifeStorey, we have no problem with the items that we have bought but if this guy can provide better service, it will definitely make us go back again even when they are not having any sale.

I wonder if there's someone/somewhere we can feedback to? Hmm....

Btw, I just wanted to add that I just called Lifestorey today to inform them of the exact delivery date because I now have my reno schedule. The person who answered the phone (not the person who served me) was not exactly helpful. He said "Oh, we are in retail side so we cannot confirm the delivery date. We will call you". Then sounded v hurried to put down the phone.

I really hate such places with bad after sales service. I was quite pissed off, so I said, "Look, we are all working adults. We need to arrange our work schedule to be at home to wait for the sofa. We can't just do it as and when you like!?" After I said that, he then became slightly more helpful.

FYI, the person I bought our sofa and dining table from is called Dennis. He is much better and less "attitude". I only spoke with the other person cos Dennis was out for lunch. Hmph.

you are right...

i visited LifeStorey for the first time last week...

was ultra horrified by their "customer service"!!?!

was walking & viewing around w my family (including my 3 yr old boy). my boy went up to one of the couch (boys being boys), and just before i could reach for him to bring him down, i was greeted by this guy you spoke abt with a stern rebuke, "Please get him down the sofa!!"

are they selling furniture or diamond???

i certainly didn't get this kind of treatment even @ Space!

I will never buy nor recommend anyone to this plc!

you are right...

i visited LifeStorey for the first time last week...

was ultra horrified by their "customer service"!!?!

was walking & viewing around w my family (including my 3 yr old boy). my boy went up to one of the couch (boys being boys), and just before i could reach for him to bring him down, i was greeted by this guy you spoke abt with a stern rebuke, "Please get him down the sofa!!"

are they selling furniture or diamond???

i certainly didn't get this kind of treatment even @ Space!

I will never buy nor recommend anyone to this plc!

Oh dear. It sure sounds like you were 'served' by the same guy I talked about! Actually, most were ok EXCEPT for this one guy. Must get his name and complain.

However, I must add that the delivery people were very friendly. Totally different attitude from the 'atas' people at the shop :rolleyes:

Oh dear. It sure sounds like you were 'served' by the same guy I talked about! Actually, most were ok EXCEPT for this one guy. Must get his name and complain.

However, I must add that the delivery people were very friendly. Totally different attitude from the 'atas' people at the shop :rolleyes:

i guess so... :bangwall:

its the buying experience & the after-sale experience most customers are looking for apart from the product.

for such service & attitude, i wonder how long they can last in the mkt.

thank God there are variety of other good choices in Singapore. :yamseng: