Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
babytan

Dogs & Us

thankie :dunno: my model dogs

actually most CHHs looked alike. my girl is mixed breed. looked a bit like dachshund n pinscher colour but size differs..hahah

my sis's dog (a gal) is mix breed leh, dunno is pom mix with wat breed. but definately looked beri similar to ur boy :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Can I say myself??? :unsure:

Actually we'd moved in first when it's like 50% completed before furniture delivery(That's the DIY paintworks & light fixtures, Water heater installation, laminated flooring & PUB activation done.. just no furniture yet & all personal barang barang in already that time)

As long as your place has basic amenities, like hot water, lights. then it should not be a problem to move in. Just prepare your place first for water heater installation if any, PUB activation & some lamps if your place has no light fixtures fixed yet. The rest can be done slowly. That's what we'd did basically. However you got to take note, if you intend to move in early, you got to lock up your barang barang in a room which is already done with no more need for any works to be carried out

i will, love to take pictures..now still ok as we will be staying in current flat till early june..later i also duno le but still have to bring them wherever i go lor..was thinking if reno can start mid may, maybe by mid june we can move in 1st without the reno being fully completed? i doesnt want to rush the reno people also leh..if less than a month homeless, maybe rent hotel room ah? hehehhe :D know which hotel can take dogs huh?

if reno not fully completed, say 70-80% can move in 1st or not? anyone got similar situation?

Edited by BunBun

hi there, spam chop here too...

btw, something caught my eye in ur bomb shelter... Absolut Vodka... keekeekee

u collecting Absolut too?

i looking for snowflake... but very slim chance...

:)

hahah very sharp le you :unsure: always buy when going oversea..when other house warming or chalet, is a very good gift..hahah snowflake ah, never hear before leh..you got picts? i like to keep liquor too

my sis's dog (a gal) is mix breed leh, dunno is pom mix with wat breed. but definately looked beri similar to ur boy :D

most likely is pom cos colour similar ma, maybe later can have dog gathering

Can I say myself??? :D

Actually we'd moved in first when it's like 50% completed before furniture delivery(That's the DIY paintworks & light fixtures, Water heater installation, laminated flooring & PUB activation done.. just no furniture yet & all personal barang barang in already that time)

As long as your place has basic amenities, like hot water, lights. then it should not be a problem to move in. Just prepare your place first for water heater installation if any, PUB activation & some lamps if your place has no light fixtures fixed yet. The rest can be done slowly. That's what we'd did basically. However you got to take note, if you intend to move in early, you got to lock up your barang barang in a room which is already done with no more need for any works to be carried out

hmm but the reno workers will still be coming in everyday right? would it be very dusty? basic things such as flooring, light, hot water if done, shouldnt be any problem rite? if carpentry (such as kitchen, tv console etc) not fully done, can or not? since i am not doing much things to the common room, maybe we can all sleep there 1st and lock it when we go to work and the reno can continue?

do you have any furnitures when you moved in? i still got washing machine, fridge, bed, PC leh

We didn't have any furniture in the house when we moved in, it's only after the major areas for paintworks have been settled that the furniture delivery came in later. Currently left with 2 other bedrooms + 3 doors to paint lolx.. Just last week painted the HHS door and 2 weeks before, the main gate. See, we taking our sweet time to paint now that we've settled the major areas for paintwork.

Washing machine and fridge is ok. Bed & PC you can lock in the room right?

Ya it will be dusty in areas where drilling is done. But mostly the workers will do their best to clean up since there's bound to be chemical wash right? This one, you can't move in your furniture if have chemical wash right?

hahah very sharp le you :unsure: always buy when going oversea..when other house warming or chalet, is a very good gift..hahah snowflake ah, never hear before leh..you got picts? i like to keep liquor too

hmm but the reno workers will still be coming in everyday right? would it be very dusty? basic things such as flooring, light, hot water if done, shouldnt be any problem rite? if carpentry (such as kitchen, tv console etc) not fully done, can or not? since i am not doing much things to the common room, maybe we can all sleep there 1st and lock it when we go to work and the reno can continue?

do you have any furnitures when you moved in? i still got washing machine, fridge, bed, PC leh

Edited by BunBun

hahah very sharp le you :D always buy when going oversea..when other house warming or chalet, is a very good gift..hahah snowflake ah, never hear before leh..you got picts? i like to keep liquor too

hee .. for gathering , you and your babies can join us on 13apr @ my place .. i might able to rent you my common room .. my current tenent is leaving soon .. earliest by 1st april.

if not, there is another gathering on 30 apr BBQ @ SK.

well, i use the magic mop too .. still lots of furs flying ard wor :unsure:

btw for my case, i got my resale flat and moved in almost at once without any reno... stayed for a yr plus and moved out again for close to 2mths, finished reno by last Nov. I left most of my major stuff in the storeroom and bulk stuff at common room. hubby pc moved to his fren's place as he stays next blk. My contractors then moved my stuff ard the house whenever they need to do anything to the common room...

it is very dusty thus you need to cover up all your fridge , washing machine etc ... never to leave valuables ard ... i used big trash bags n bedsheets as covers.

all can be done including of chemical washes *2.

hahah thankie :dribble: guess i am too free le as resting for this week before i start my new job.

boy is LC CHH, girl is mixed CHH..no matter wat breed, i still love them deep deep

hmm i dun quite like my kitchen leh cos i dun like white..6 years back not much $ so have to settle for less, reno was done by husband fren, total cost just $16K for a new 4room. quite cheap but workmanship so so nia..

new owner is indian PR, not sure whether they like or not but is move in condition and they dun actually need to do up alot...we are leaving alot of things behind (sofa + dining + common room furniture) as no space in new flat also leh

finally moving and i am really looking forward to have my dream house (no doubt is smaller) and i am gonna fulfil my dream of having a WIW..hahahah

you got pictures of you house or not huh? dun tell me your blog wor, 100+ over pages i cannot find leh :yamseng:

was trying to tell what breed your girl is

until the apple head decides for me, the typical CHH look :D

your kitchen quite well maintained leh, 6yrs liao still so pristine white :D

hopefully mine will look half as good 6 yrs down the road :)

you can click on the first link on my signature

it's my blog and most pix are categorised based on the rooms :unsure:

aww... ur 2 baby so cute :~ they seem loving each other so much... i wanna to adopt another for my boy but i don think i can handle it..

btw. u can rent a place for one mth at those that already enbloc and waiting for developer to take over. i am staying at one rite now, cos my reno took about 3-4 mths to complete due to CNY. they normal don mind if u owns dogs cos it going to enbloc anyway.

i already stayed at the rental place for almost 5mths already! :bleah: they should be able to complete the reno 1st week of April but just now saw ur post mentioned the qing ming only ends at 5 may?:bleah::notti: !! den i guess we gonna stay till may.... happy 6mths anniversary to the rental place... my landlord must be d*** happy... :lol:

Edited by mafiawife

Actually, Babytan...

I think you must "prepare" your dogs for the move.... though I don't know exactly how. All I know is my dog was quite moody for a few weeks after we moved. Guess part of her still thinks that it is an outing and we will go back home soon. :bleah:

I guess she will get used to the new place over time.... but very heartache to see her so moody. Can't blame her cause she grew up at the old place.

Anyone has same experience with your dog?

icic~ i mainly collect Absolut stuff.

btw, Absolut snowflake pic as below~

f_snowflakem_bf9c5e3.jpg8|

hmm i suaku leh, never see before..thanks for showing me the picture..this is limited edition or wat?

We didn't have any furniture in the house when we moved in, it's only after the major areas for paintworks have been settled that the furniture delivery came in later. Currently left with 2 other bedrooms + 3 doors to paint lolx.. Just last week painted the HHS door and 2 weeks before, the main gate. See, we taking our sweet time to paint now that we've settled the major areas for paintwork.

Washing machine and fridge is ok. Bed & PC you can lock in the room right?

Ya it will be dusty in areas where drilling is done. But mostly the workers will do their best to clean up since there's bound to be chemical wash right? This one, you can't move in your furniture if have chemical wash right?

just told my husband about your case of moving in without reno fully completed..he also say can consider but i am just afraid that he couldnt take the dust and mess..1 thing for sure, we can save some $ on rental if move in early..wat was difficult for me are my dogs, really duno who can help to house them if i got no place to stay :dunno: and i also not very sure i can leave without them for 1+month..

was thinking we should rent those storage place / warehouse to keep keep our fridge, washing machine etc..

hee .. for gathering , you and your babies can join us on 13apr @ my place .. i might able to rent you my common room .. my current tenent is leaving soon .. earliest by 1st april.

if not, there is another gathering on 30 apr BBQ @ SK.

well, i use the magic mop too .. still lots of furs flying ard wor :rofl:

btw for my case, i got my resale flat and moved in almost at once without any reno... stayed for a yr plus and moved out again for close to 2mths, finished reno by last Nov. I left most of my major stuff in the storeroom and bulk stuff at common room. hubby pc moved to his fren's place as he stays next blk. My contractors then moved my stuff ard the house whenever they need to do anything to the common room...

it is very dusty thus you need to cover up all your fridge , washing machine etc ... never to leave valuables ard ... i used big trash bags n bedsheets as covers.

all can be done including of chemical washes *2.

wow moving in and out very troublesome ya? but you staying SK, very far wor..me west side..thanks for your invite..will pm you if i can make it..at times no transport very difficult to bring my dogs out, if i go alone, can only handle 1..later people say me unfair leh, bring 1 only :unsure:

was trying to tell what breed your girl is

until the apple head decides for me, the typical CHH look :notti:

your kitchen quite well maintained leh, 6yrs liao still so pristine white :good:

hopefully mine will look half as good 6 yrs down the road :bow:

you can click on the first link on my signature

it's my blog and most pix are categorised based on the rooms 8|

hhahah from pic is well maintained :notti: from near you never know. btw, all is just laminate, ID choose for us wan, i do not have ideal of colour combination and not so creative lor. i never maintain, you also said well maintained..so if you maintain, definately sparking white :notti:

my gal is BIG applehead lor

later i go n "ransack" your blog leh

aww... ur 2 baby so cute :wub: they seem loving each other so much... i wanna to adopt another for my boy but i don think i can handle it..

btw. u can rent a place for one mth at those that already enbloc and waiting for developer to take over. i am staying at one rite now, cos my reno took about 3-4 mths to complete due to CNY. they normal don mind if u owns dogs cos it going to enbloc anyway.

i already stayed at the rental place for almost 5mths already! :good: they should be able to complete the reno 1st week of April but just now saw ur post mentioned the qing ming only ends at 5 may?8|8|8| den i guess we gonna stay till may.... happy 6mths anniversary to the rental place... my landlord must be d*** happy... :bleah:

2 dogs are difficult to handle, got to balance out your love for them :notti:

those enbloc flats got near west area? how you find the lobang? how much rental you are paying per month? for 1 room or whole flat?

ya ching ming start from 5 April and end 4 May 08 leh, after that then can reno and seller can only handover 15 May, just nice lor but still got to get my shifu to see see when can "dong tu" guess it will delay till end may and we got to move like early june..seem like very rush and not enough time wor

Good luck for ur new hse & renos! :yamseng:

Ur babies look so sweet together... :wub: :wub:

hehe thanks for your compliment :yamseng:

Actually, Babytan...

I think you must "prepare" your dogs for the move.... though I don't know exactly how. All I know is my dog was quite moody for a few weeks after we moved. Guess part of her still thinks that it is an outing and we will go back home soon. :(

I guess she will get used to the new place over time.... but very heartache to see her so moody. Can't blame her cause she grew up at the old place.

Anyone has same experience with your dog?

ya i heard before when dogs go to new places, some will be depressed especially older dogs..i think my gal still ok as her adaptability is good..as long as she be with us, shouldnt be any problem, give them more LOVE lor..kekekek + FOOD :notti:

at times when scolding them can also see tears in their eyes..so heart pain..but no scold no grow leh

my boy is especially naughty, i also use the cane to wack his backside 8|

clementi huh?? holland near rite?? my rental place at leedon cos it only 3mins to my reno house, so it perfect for me. i can suka suka just drop in and see the progress of my reno. Holland quite a few going for short term rent cos alot going for enbloc. u can try la.

i am paying 2800p/m for the whole unit, cos i got big barang barang from the old house la, so i cant find those small unit. Nice place here and is quite big 1650 sqft, all the owners got to shift out of their house at June 08. so one mth no problem for them one, u can try la. it a pity to enbloc this place thou.. :dancingqueen:

clementi huh?? holland near rite?? my rental place at leedon cos it only 3mins to my reno house, so it perfect for me. i can suka suka just drop in and see the progress of my reno. Holland quite a few going for short term rent cos alot going for enbloc. u can try la.

i am paying 2800p/m for the whole unit, cos i got big barang barang from the old house la, so i cant find those small unit. Nice place here and is quite big 1650 sqft, all the owners got to shift out of their house at June 08. so one mth no problem for them one, u can try la. it a pity to enbloc this place thou.. 8|

$2.8K per month? :dancingqueen: indeed very expensive but good location though..me working in jurong east and husband in outram..so need to find west area leh

yours is how many room? if can rent whole unit better as i also got my barang with me, if not got to find warehouse liao..

nevertheless, thanks for your advice, at least now i got some idea wat to do..thankie :)

Edited by babytan

hi babytan... tis is my very 1st post on renotalk though have been reading the forums religiously !!

wonder if your neighbours will complain about 2 dogs?

am keeping 2 too but worried that new neighbours will complain when we move to the new plc :notti:

Babytan, good luck to you on your moving, it should not be a problem for you and ur hubby + the doggies as long as got water & lights. :) Just cross the bridge when you come to it and worry about the whole thing later since take a step at a time is better than nothing.