Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sophia

My 3rd Home In Yck

We also went to get some lights.

DSCN0837.jpg downlight for rooms

DSCN0836.jpg downlight for living

hi sophia, may i noe how much u paid for each of these downlights? And what's the size?

TIA!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Very fed up with the quote given by electrician. Was quoted $5100 :furious: I almost fell from my chair when hubbi told me. The guy didnt even fax the breakdown so we don't even know what the items cost. Hubi insist for the breakdown and even called the ID to 'complain'. I doubt this would do much help. Now looking high and low for another electrician.... but worry also that the co-ordination may not be smooth or ID might give 'trouble' since we change his recommendation. Very headache.

my dear, i think it is very ex for ur electrician! but did u re-locate the whole house electric?? cos i re-locate almost all my electric and added a few more was only charge approx 2000 only. not forgetting mine also 3 storey like urs, but ofcos ur sq ft bigger but also not that huge of the diff wat! ur ID must have taking cut again..

Edited by mafiawife

my dear, i think it is very ex for ur electrician! but did u re-locate the whole house electric?? cos i re-locate almost all my electric and added a few more was only charge approx 2000 only. not forgetting mine also 3 storey like urs, but ofcos ur sq ft bigger but also not that huge of the diff wat! ur ID must have taking cut again..

Morning Mafiawife, I will check out the cost for you as the bill at home. It's roughly about $30 but the glass one is slightly more expensive. Yah I agree that the cost is way too much. I only shift two electric points and kept all the other positions. Maybe it's those stupid downlights.... There's 43 of them. The last time when I did up my house, I redid the entire wiring(coz I tore down the whole house leaving only the structural beams), somemore got to do lightning conductors, and other numerous things. This only cost 6k. I cant believe the price has gone up within 1 1/2 years. Aiyah, it's really unfair that these people look at your address and then quote you.

Morning Mafiawife, I will check out the cost for you as the bill at home. It's roughly about $30 but the glass one is slightly more expensive.

Hi, checked the price. the glass one is $30 and the other one is $26. I only saw two sizes at the shop and I selected the smaller one. Dun know the measurement coz the bill didn't write.

Believe it is Jopp who asked you about the price of the lights. :P

Hi, checked the price. the glass one is $30 and the other one is $26. I only saw two sizes at the shop and I selected the smaller one. Dun know the measurement coz the bill didn't write.

Believe it is Jopp who asked you about the price of the lights. :o

geez...no probs! :help: i kinda made it out dat the info's meant for my ques. LOL :)

geez...no probs! :yamseng: i kinda made it out dat the info's meant for my ques. LOL :yamseng:

oops, so sorry about the mistake. Anyway, I went back to the shop to get another two more. There is only two size for square ones. If you are interested in the shop I go to, can PM me. The salesman is very honest and is willing to negotiate prices. We even brought our floor plan to get his advice since we didn't bring out ID along. He was able to share with us his suggestions and advice. Thumbs up.

Has been really busy the past few weeks. Some updates.

DSCN0851.jpg Seems quite dirty cos not really finished, but I love the prints.

DSCN0854.jpg

THis is the common toilet tiles. Very calming green stripes.

DSCN0858.jpg

The silver reflective mosiac (pardon the spelling) is really cool. This is used in the attic.

DSCN0859.jpg

The cassette aircon is up. Because of the size the false ceiling need to be slightly lowered. THis is also due to the space constrain on the ceiling. However ID assured me that the lowered false ceiling will not affect the candeliers I intend to put up in the dining.

DSCN0849.jpg

The hand rails are off from the staircase. Intend to use glass. There will also be lights coming from the sides. Can't wait for it to be up to see the final effect. :notti:

DSCN0829.jpgDSCN0856.jpg

Amazing how different this wall can be. Have decided to hack it off to build a cabinet cum divider. On one side it is a shoe cabinet, on the other side it is part of the kitchen wall (covered with laminate). There will be a 'hole' with sliding glass so that I can open to allow light and wind through.