Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shal789

Ran Away Renovator

My contractor "ran away" after collecting 2/3 of the money and stole the original quotation, invoice papers from home while i was away in KL. He refuses to complete the job. What do i do now? Went to CASE but they can't help as I do not have the invoice. All I have is the HDB permit allowing Ro-well Interior Revelation to do the renovation on my house. Help

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
My contractor "ran away" after collecting 2/3 of the money and stole the original quotation, invoice papers from home while i was away in KL. He refuses to complete the job. What do i do now? Went to CASE but they can't help as I do not have the invoice. All I have is the HDB permit allowing Ro-well Interior Revelation to do the renovation on my house. Help

go to the police, lodge a report, take the report to CMC ( community mediation centre). If that dont work or you dont wanna mediate, go straight to small claims tribunal and lodge a complaint.

small claim cant resolve, send lawyer letter.

During the whole process, any information to proof that there is a legal binding contract is useful ( but your drawing and invoice is gone ya...) SMS from contractor, evidence of the partial work done by him, eg. painting works etc should be documented and pictures taken.

Such info will proff that the is some communication between the two of you that indicates the existence of a contract for service. The carpenter, plumber, painter whom did work on your house will also lead the authorities back to the person whom engage them to do work on your house.

you can also lodge the report and say its clear cut theft case. sec 379 Cap 224 and demand to have your statement recorded.

go to the police, lodge a report, take the report to CMC ( community mediation centre). If that dont work or you dont wanna mediate, go straight to small claims tribunal and lodge a complaint.

small claim cant resolve, send lawyer letter.

During the whole process, any information to proof that there is a legal binding contract is useful ( but your drawing and invoice is gone ya...) SMS from contractor, evidence of the partial work done by him, eg. painting works etc should be documented and pictures taken.

Such info will proff that the is some communication between the two of you that indicates the existence of a contract for service. The carpenter, plumber, painter whom did work on your house will also lead the authorities back to the person whom engage them to do work on your house.

you can also lodge the report and say its clear cut theft case. sec 379 Cap 224 and demand to have your statement recorded.

Did you got ur case settled in SCT ?