Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
renosay

Please Advice On Cj Ambience

Hi all sexy folks!

I'm sooooo alive today!!!!

Curtains done!!! Wallpaper nearly done! Lightings nearly done! Tea mirror almost done!

Yuppie!!!

However, my beloved Adrian rejected the cushions...

He show me the cushion and point out the slightly misalighted stiching...

So nice of him, so touching...

Wanting the best for me...

So I wil have to waiting a bit longer for my cosy bedroom to be complete...

Below are pictures of my beloved apartment!!!

Picture090.jpg

Featuring my lovely tea mirror which will hide my bomb shelter. Still waiting for the door...

Also feature the siren entrance light! SOS!!! I'm too hot!!!

Picture076.jpg

Lovely wallpaper and the done up tv console! Also featuring my sassy curtain!!!

Gives me a feel as if I am among some soft, tickling seaweed...

So underwater feel... Like a mermaid...

Picture079.jpg

Another view of my lovely wallpaper!!! Nice?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Picture096.jpg

Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the sexiest of all!!! Did you seee the reflection of my classy light?

Picture089.jpg

My lovely curtain closed...

Picture088.jpg

Now its open!!! Hehe!!!

Picture106.jpg

This is my fav wallpaper!!! Make me feel like a royalty...

Picture091.jpg

Soon... You can smell what the sexy is cooking...

Picture093.jpg

My washing machine... now you see it...

Picture092.jpg

Now you don't!!! Hehe!!!

Stay tune for more sexy updates!!!

Stay S.E.X.Y!!!

Hi all!

finally got time to upload the 3d drawings proposed by Adrian.

Living.jpg

DiningStudy.jpg

Kitchen.jpg

We are currently getting our fengshi sensei to view our unit's floorplan and these designs.

We love the glass divider betweenthe kitchen and dining area!

he will be advising us on what to change and the best date to start our renovation.

So i believe this design may not be the ultimate ones.

Batman and jingle are most welcome to tour our humble 3 room flat when the reno starts.

With pm you both when the date is finalize.

Thank you.

Ahweewee

Hi Ahweewee,

Just wanna check with you on something. I just gotten the quotation from Adrian. The monetary side is slightly on the high side as compared to the other quotations I have received. However, I gotta admit that we are like his design and concept; it is totally different from all others' designs. What he did is doing a fusion of both our idea and his professional suggestions, is that what he did for your unit? But his quotation is a bit above our budget. So what should I do? Please advise.

Lynn

Hi all,

Has been a while since my last post. Hmmm... My fengshi master mentioned that the majority of the design are good. Only thing have to amend is the location of the stove... I wonder how much is the quotation going to deviate... I'm glad that I have the 3D drawings and the floorplan. It helps me a great deal in terms of helping my fengshi master to visualize the distant and the location of everything. Looks like I will post the changing of the stove location is going to be a little challenge of our dear ID. Will update everyone of the outcome.

thanks,

Ahweewee

Hello Ahweewee,

I think getting the 3D drawings and floorplan is a good idea.

Coz we are also thinking of getting a geomancy master to

help us make our home luckier.

These may help us when consulting him.

So have you approached your ID?

Did he mention to you what is the additional cost?

Hop he won't burn another hole in your pocket.

Coz we are arranging to meet him again to do some 杀价.

look forward to your reply!

Lynn

hi lynn,

most id firms out there will not give u 3D unless there's a nominal fee being paid upfront.

cos to draw 3D is a very tedious process and it usually takes 2 weeks.

coming back, with e nominal fee being committed, when u eventually sign, they will offset

e fee that u'd paid upfront.

i'm also arranging to meet our dear mr adrian to do some 杀价 too! haha

maybe we can 杀价 together leh! :P

Hi Lynn and Batman,

Have you managed to reduce the size of the hole in your pockets?

Haha, the hole in our pockets just got bigger...

My fengshi master commented on my broken marble flooring...

Meaning we have to do something to the flooring...

Still considering between homogeneous tiles and laminates...

As for the stove's position, the fengshi master mentioned either we change it's position or we got to get a set of "3 Musketeers" to rectify it.

That is also another fire burning our pockets...

Oh dear... We are on fire...

Any fire-fighter around?

Thanks,

Ahweewee

hehe yeah i'd managed to nego a bit from Adrian of CJ Ambience. though he's unable to meet our target price, we agreed to meet in between.

so my advice is go with a figure in mind n be prepared to commit lor. then u'll feel better. TRUST me, e ID selection process is long n tedious. :D

coming back to ur fengshui thingy, personally, i think its good to have. but if it is gonna cause a BIG hole in ur pocket, perhaps u might wanna

use it more as a reference rather than a die die must do thingy. no offense, but ur "we got to get a set of "3 Musketeers" to rectify it" sounds

more like a sales pitch. and end of e day, most importantly, ur partner n u must come to an agreement.

just my 2cents worth. :good: luck bro...

bro,

rest assured i'm not him.

yeah its true. cos wats good if FS might not be practical n wat u like. hence only u can make e final decision mar

main thing is that, should u choose to lean more towards design n wat u like n forgo FS a fair bit, dun blame each

other should there be anything bad happen in future *touch wood* cos esp older folks, when things happen, they

always like to say "see i told u liao. u dun wanna believe etc etc' hahaha this is from personal experience.

for e record, personally, i also dun really like broken marble flooring! hahaha :D cos i also a bit 'pang tang' like old

folks. for eg, my dining table is round in shape and not rectangle. and in other areas in my new house (besides MBR)

i'm avaoiding black cos i'll be staying w parents n u knw lar. old folks r old folks. hehe

Hi Lynn,

Haha, he did exactly that to us too! The particular thing we like about his quotation is the comprehensive breakdown. So it makes it a lot easier for us to pick and choose things we must have; things we like to have and things we can omit. I would advise you to talk to him again about your budget. Give him a range to work with. Tell him which are the things you must have; things you like to have and things you want to omit. Personally, we have chosen him to do our unit is because of the "chemistry". To us, the feeling of responsible and ability to deliver is important. So it really depends on how your family felt about him. He is a easy guy to talk to. Approach him about it. After all we still have to ends up talking about dollars and cents. :)

Happy bargaining!

Ahweewee

I went to see him once and got a qotation from him too. Even though his quotation is itemised, it is on a high side. I have compared his quotation with another 4-5 quotations from IDs and contractors, all itemised. In the end, his quotation is considered one of the highest. Comprehensive breakdown is not equal to cheap...anyway, most IDs will provide comprehensive breakdown quotations, if you have visited enough IDs and there is nothing to shout about. I have been through this tedious process of choosing the ID with the right quotation and of course with the right chemistry. Adrian is indeed very friendly and service-oriented. But in the end, it's all about money. One piece of advice to all who are searching for IDs, make sure you get at least 3-4 quotations to make an informed decision unless you have a very deep pocket to burn.

I went to see him once and got a qotation from him too. Even though his quotation is itemised, it is on a high side. I have compared his quotation with another 4-5 quotations from IDs and contractors, all itemised. In the end, his quotation is considered one of the highest. Comprehensive breakdown is not equal to cheap...anyway, most IDs will provide comprehensive breakdown quotations, if you have visited enough IDs and there is nothing to shout about. I have been through this tedious process of choosing the ID with the right quotation and of course with the right chemistry. Adrian is indeed very friendly and service-oriented. But in the end, it's all about money. One piece of advice to all who are searching for IDs, make sure you get at least 3-4 quotations to make an informed decision unless you have a very deep pocket to burn.

Hi Trust 7780,

We are also looking for economic IDs with good services. We are still looking forward to more posts and comments on their works before committing anything. Just want to make sure that their final products are as good as their services. Apart from the price tags, we have to be cautious on how the IDs delivers their service during the renovation and how readily are they to be there to rectify any hiccups that surface in the process. As you mentioned, you been to several Id for quotes and some of them also comes itemised. Care to mention a few of them who are also service oriented? Have you shortlisted yours? Just want to do our homework and research well before signing on anything.

Look forward to your reply.

Thank you,

Jinglejinglebai

Hi Alamak,

Our quotation rounds-up to be around $30K.

However, we are still waiting for our fengshi sensei to advise on the design.

Hence, if there is anything to change, there might be more amendments and additionals to the quote.

Will keep posting on the progress.

Thanks,

Ahweewee

Hi Ahweewee,

Looks great! Huge glass 'dividers' really do make the entire home look more elegant.

Keep us updated on your progress!

:)

moobat

Picture096.jpg

Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the sexiest of all!!! Did you seee the reflection of my classy light?

Picture089.jpg

My lovely curtain closed...

Picture088.jpg

Now its open!!! Hehe!!!

Picture106.jpg

This is my fav wallpaper!!! Make me feel like a royalty...

Thanks for sharing!!

Love your wallpapers!! Woohoo!!

Hi Jingle,

Just want to share my experience a bit. There is really nothing to shout about getting a real cheap ID. We went ID hunting for around half a year, getting more than a dozen of quotations. And yes, it is very tedious.

There are IDs thinking they are some kind of celebrity designer, quoting some sky high figures. While we also come across a few who are like doing charity, throwing in this free gifts and that free gifts. The rest of the quotes fluctuate within +/-10%.

Most importantly, we must make sure they are reliable. I believe many has already experience some ID who are very nice to talk to, very service oriented before the paper is signed. Once the paper is endorsed, the ugly side began to surface. They were only there on the first day when the renovation began. Thereafter, they start to act like ninja, work in the shadow, remote control all their contractors via phone. Can’t see them and can’t grab hold of them. This makes any rectifications difficult.

That was our experience previously. Thinking of saving some penny and ended up pulling hair. The moral of the story tells us two things to look out for: quotation must not vary too much from the rest and ID must be reliable.

The first one is pretty straight forward; second one is the tricky part. Do not hesitate to ask your ID to bring you to any of their work site, preferably with the owner around to find out if they are happy with the ID you are interested to engage.

Hope my experience are beneficial to you.

Cheers,

Chan

Well said.

Good to check out an ID's actual work site (either completed or in-progress), to access workmanship and talk to the owners if possible. A salesperson can talk all he/she wants but nothing beats an actual look + feel of the design and work.

:)

Good luck!

Hi moobat,

Thanks. But I seriously felt that apart from the pricing issue, the feel of gotten a good and responsible ID is very important.

There is bound to have a bit of hiccups here and there. So our ID must be there readily to solve it for us, if possible, before we step in.

In any case that we call, they must be very responsive no matter how busy they are.

Then, in this way, our every cent is a well spent cent. You agree?

Cheers,

Chan

Hi chan,

those were words of wisdom. We look for ID is because we want someone to help us with the design and coordinate the work flow.

If not, we might as well look for some direct contractors and play the coordinator role ourselves.

Since we are spending that money to get someone to do that for us, he or she jolly well must do it well.

So apart from the designing part, how is your ID's service & attitude? We are seriously considering using him.

We are in the bargaining part. So before we lay anything black & white, we really want to make sure we are getting a good one.

Any review will be greater appreciated.

thank you,

Lynn