Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I went to look up linear space, and i gotta say im vvv pleased with the experience. Marc is a genuine down to earth nice guy, who tries his best really to listen to your requests and think abt ur designs. Its not those id firms that sales ppl attend to u, n then the deisgn team whom u dun meet plans ur hse.

I also like the point that he uses some rather not often used items rather than standard laminate for feature wall. He also asks for your budget and tries his best to fit it within that, something which i dun get from other ID, who would say i put it in as a option, if u dun want u can take it out. N then u end up taking them out, but u add in the things u want(which u told them, but they forgot or didnt do accordingly), n it adds up back to the same cost, n tell u all soughts of excuses.

He is also very honest, cuz for the rest of the ID i visit, all told me cement screeding is as expensive as tiles because of workmanship n epoxy paint, but with Marc it different (I save a good 35%-40% on this).

Also, on the 2nd meeting, he showed me 2 3d drawings, even without me asking for it. Others i met are more interested to talk abt the quote n price n when can confirm, and say design we can change n improve after we sign on the dotted line.

He also willing to do some work FOC, which i will not go into, wait he say i spoil his mkt lol.

Ultimately, i like marc alot and this is wat i look for in terms of service. Its not just a pleasant service, but i get an experience. I also like his personality style, and that gives me confidence to know this guy will take the extra mile for me, and help me make sure everything goes well. N of course his designs are really gd, not just gd in a sense of nice looking, but he captured wat we were looking for(Imagine we went to see him without a theme, n we didnt noe how to tell him in words wat we like).

Also, most importantly, his pricing is very competitive. Its not the cheapest i got, but its most valued for $$$. For wat he quoted n included($24k for a 5rm), its really very very hard to refuse, considering that other i got was 27k and above for similar or lesser items. The cheaper one was also Gplan, which i also enjoyed talking to, but i guess Marc won me over with his designs as well.

Marc if u r reading this, U BETTER GIVE ME A FURTHER DISCOUNT!:dancingqueen:!! LOL

Hey weiht,

frm magazines & their webby, i olso kinda like their design.

But i did not wen 2 consult or get a quotation frm them yet.

Cos i kinda worried abt e licenced thingy.

Mayb u wana check with Marc abt e thingy on;

- hdb license contractor?

- who r his sub-cons?

- warranty on materials & workmanship?

- etc...

Pls keep us update.

Thks. :dancingqueen:

Hi Weiht,

I am looking for a good ID to work on my 5rm resale also. Can you PM me or let me know what you did for your house? I'm working towards a similar budget as yours. But not sure if can do it or not.

Is yours a resale or a brand new flat?

Hi Weiht,

I'm currently scouting around for an ID too and Linear Space is one of the IDs that I have shortlisted.

However I have yet to request for a quote from them, would appreciate if you could PM me your quotation too before I meet up with them? $24k for a 5-rm flat is indeed VERY TEMPTING!!

Btw, I'm very particular about promptness as I have heard alot of nightmare stories about IDs and contractors delaying the renovation work (or could not be reached easily) after their clients have signed on the dotted line. Do you have any problem with Linear Space on this? :jawdrop:

Do share with us ya .. thx :jawdrop: !!

cheers,

coozie

In the end onli spend 22k.

Includes

living room tiles

Cement screed n mosiac for the kitchen

parquet for 3 bedroom

PArtition for MBR walk in waldrobe

Kitchen Cabinet (Only bottom, no top)

Wallpaper for a big area

16ft feature wall n tv console (Main bulk of expensive cost)

Stainless Steel pipes

Electric works

Sliding door for kitchen ($900 cuz the walkway pretty big, the nicer ones are $1400 which i cant accept paying for keeping the aircon for flowing into the kitchen) Btw, he actually went to look harder for a cheaper alternative n still look nice

Just started work for a few days, when he actually said start next week... N i have yet to pay him the deposit yet, but plan to over weekend b4 he starts...

No harm just asking for a quote, at least u can compare with others. Marc is v helpful, gd designs n yet practical... ie, some of the switch in kitchen i wanna relocate due to looks, but he brought up the safty issues which i totally didnt think abt.

In the end onli spend 22k.

Includes

living room tiles

Cement screed n mosiac for the kitchen

parquet for 3 bedroom

PArtition for MBR walk in waldrobe

Kitchen Cabinet (Only bottom, no top)

Wallpaper for a big area

16ft feature wall n tv console (Main bulk of expensive cost)

Stainless Steel pipes

Electric works

Sliding door for kitchen ($900 cuz the walkway pretty big, the nicer ones are $1400 which i cant accept paying for keeping the aircon for flowing into the kitchen) Btw, he actually went to look harder for a cheaper alternative n still look nice

Just started work for a few days, when he actually said start next week... N i have yet to pay him the deposit yet, but plan to over weekend b4 he starts...

No harm just asking for a quote, at least u can compare with others. Marc is v helpful, gd designs n yet practical... ie, some of the switch in kitchen i wanna relocate due to looks, but he brought up the safty issues which i totally didnt think abt.

wow weiht :yamseng:

u ve got a v gd deal :dunno:

is ur 5-rm a new or resale flat?

i ve asked ard and it seem tt contractors and IDs tend to charge resale flats higher .. dunno y .. :notti:

Hi weiht,

Thanks for sharing your quote. Yours is quite cheap for a 5rm. I suppose yours is a brand new unit right? You did not do anything for your toilets also ah? Also did you do any L-Box or false ceiling?

sorry, was busy the last week.

If u all want the actual quote, u can pm me to see a breakdown... But pls include ur email address too haha.

Some items are priced ok, some are cheaper, and some are slightly higher. But overall, i didnt bargain as im confortable with wats charged overall lah, and i think his service is worth paying for (N also thinking of after sales service too). Ppl also need to make some money, so i didnt wanna squeeze him dry, need to support his business too n the economy haha, esp the state its in now :) .

Just hope the workmanship will be gd...

They are situated in beauty world, at a funny corner.

sorry, was busy the last week.

If u all want the actual quote, u can pm me to see a breakdown... But pls include ur email address too haha.

Some items are priced ok, some are cheaper, and some are slightly higher. But overall, i didnt bargain as im confortable with wats charged overall lah, and i think his service is worth paying for (N also thinking of after sales service too). Ppl also need to make some money, so i didnt wanna squeeze him dry, need to support his business too n the economy haha, esp the state its in now :( .

Just hope the workmanship will be gd...

They are situated in beauty world, at a funny corner.

have you completed your reno with linear space? i'm considering them too. any feedback on their workmanship?

any others who have used them can comment on their after sales service and workmanship as well? thanks.