Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
redbottle

Elmark Ceiling Fan Users: Please Share Ur Experience

I am not too sure about that brand. But my mom's place uses Fanco with remote. Very good wind.

I bought KDK for my new house. I got to know about good deals through a friend on this website www.livingloft.wordpress.com

I have done some market research and this website offers prices that are pretty low and attractive.

KDK should be good, since it's an old brand.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Whoever is reading this, just beware of elmark marketing:

In fact they have got worst. A few key points to take note:

1. Their salesgirls have no in depth knowledge of their own fan products in terms of how bright the fan light is, is it able to increase watts to make it brighter, etc. what they have are just "surface" knowledge of their products (what you see is what you get)

2. They have hired quite a few part timers without putting them through product knowledge training, hence they wont have any ideas on what is going on.

3. Customer service - AS mentioned as early dated back to 2007, it is equally as bad or got worst. (no need to describe further)

4. If you buy a fan from them, they expect you to use their electrician/ technician (pay $50 or more) to install. If you have your own electricians to do it, basically summary is: any problem with regards to installation, they wont help you. To them, is like a trade secret or a way to make you pay and use their technicians to install the fans. FYI, some of their fans these days come with a super big lighting driver, you are suppose to find your own way to keep that lighting driver somewhere (either into the ceiling hole or near the light casing) However, due to the size of the driver, (7cm x 3cm x 3cm) it is too big to be kept near the light casing, so you need to put it into the ceiling hole which means, next time your driver spoil, you need to dismount the ceiling brackets, down the fan + blades, down the light case, everything down then you can get your driver out.

5. in terms of warranty - Again as mentioned earlier dated back to 07, same issues arises. After sales services are still as bad. However, their technicians on ground level are good. they know what they are doing, only good point..

So If you want cheap fans, bad experiences, then no choice. My advise is, the amount you save, wont save you the trouble and headaches coming from them. I reckon them as using unethical sale marketing techniques without full product knowledge during point of sales. If you are lucky, you will face only the aftermath which is the aftersales bad customer experience. If you are unlucky, you will get it straight from point of installation.

Good Luck

• Like 1

Hi,

This thread has stopped for some time. Any updated reviews on Elmark fans to share? Are they still that bad?

YES. Please refrain from buying anything from them no matter what. Save yourself the anguish.

See my Google review for reference.

Edited by pigeonholed

Whoever is reading this, just beware of elmark marketing:

In fact they have got worst. A few key points to take note:

1. Their salesgirls have no in depth knowledge of their own fan products in terms of how bright the fan light is, is it able to increase watts to make it brighter, etc. what they have are just "surface" knowledge of their products (what you see is what you get)

2. They have hired quite a few part timers without putting them through product knowledge training, hence they wont have any ideas on what is going on.

3. Customer service - AS mentioned as early dated back to 2007, it is equally as bad or got worst. (no need to describe further)

4. If you buy a fan from them, they expect you to use their electrician/ technician (pay $50 or more) to install. If you have your own electricians to do it, basically summary is: any problem with regards to installation, they wont help you. To them, is like a trade secret or a way to make you pay and use their technicians to install the fans. FYI, some of their fans these days come with a super big lighting driver, you are suppose to find your own way to keep that lighting driver somewhere (either into the ceiling hole or near the light casing) However, due to the size of the driver, (7cm x 3cm x 3cm) it is too big to be kept near the light casing, so you need to put it into the ceiling hole which means, next time your driver spoil, you need to dismount the ceiling brackets, down the fan + blades, down the light case, everything down then you can get your driver out.

5. in terms of warranty - Again as mentioned earlier dated back to 07, same issues arises. After sales services are still as bad. However, their technicians on ground level are good. they know what they are doing, only good point..

So If you want cheap fans, bad experiences, then no choice. My advise is, the amount you save, wont save you the trouble and headaches coming from them. I reckon them as using unethical sale marketing techniques without full product knowledge during point of sales. If you are lucky, you will face only the aftermath which is the aftersales bad customer experience. If you are unlucky, you will get it straight from point of installation.

Good Luck

100% agree. I kenna both - point of installation AND aftersales **** service.

Before reading this thread, I've already 99% sure about their poor after-sales service. Now, I'm sure I'll never go back to them ever again. Here's my latest experience with Elmark (if you find it too long, just jump straight to see the conclusion. But if you're unconvinced about just how bad their service is, please be patient to read through & then you can make your own judgement):

Back in Oct '15, I bought 5 fans from Elmark (The only reason to buy from them again, yes, I've bought few before, is because of the skill & knowledge of one of their technicians. Unfortunately, that technician had left the company & I failed to check that before buying the 5 fans). As the reno of my new house had not been started, I couldn't fix the installation date upon purchase. I was told that just need to call 2 weeks in advanced to book the installation date.

In early Nov, I called & hoped to book a date in first weekend of Dec. (That's at least 4 weeks in advanced). I was then told that all weekends in Dec were fully booked. Out of no choice, I chose a weekday installation.

- 4th Dec (Fri), one technician came. After nearly 6 hours, finally all 5 fans were put up. Out of 5 fans, light kit of 2 fans got scratches, light switch string of 1 fan broke, another 2 fans no power. The technician said he would report the case to their office.

- 5th Dec (Sat), felling that it's better to inform them personally, I called up & discovered that my case was not reported. So I repeated the problems I faced & was told they would get back to me on the repair date.

- 11th Dec (Fri), I called again as I've not received any call from them. Another girl picked up my call. Only then I found out that they weren't aware of my case & didn't make any arrangement. So I repeated the problems all over again That girl told me to wait for their call or message in half hour time to confirm the repair date. And I received nothing the whole night.

- 12th Dec (Sat), I called the 3rd time. A different girl picked up & she's totally unaware of all the calls I made & the problem I faced. So I had to repeat the same story the 3rd time! In the afternoon, I received a call from them & asked me if 16th Dec (Wed) is good for repair. As I've arranged other things to be done on 17th Dec (Thu), so I asked if could change to 17th Dec. Then that girl said 17th Dec was fully booked & 16th Dec got slot. As I'm moving in on 18th Dec, so I've no choice but to accept 16th Dec 4pm ~ 8pm.

- 16th Dec (Wed), at 5pm, I received call from Elmark saying their technician would be late & would arrive around 6pm ~ 8pm. I waited until 8pm, no one showed up. I called their office (the only contact number I had) & was told that the technician would arrive before 9pm. At 9pm, still nobody came, I called & was told that the technician was at my area, should be reaching soon. At 9:30pm, I called & no one pick up (I guess all went home switching off their brains already). As I still got to go home to pack for 18th Dec moving in, I gave up waiting & left. At 9:40pm, the technician called me saying he's "on the way". I asked him to go back since I'm already "on the way" going home.

Today (17th Dec), I called to look for the manager & was told the manager would come in only after 2pm. I'm going to call later to get all the mess fixed. No matter the outcome, I've made up my mind not to buy from Elmark nor to recommend them to all my friends.

CONCLUSION:

Never ever buy from Elmark, unless you've plenty of time & patient to make all the calls, explain to them & follow up with them.