Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Hi all,

I am waiting for my second appointment for my 5room premium in JW. I am starting to source for contractors, to do some basic renovation for my house. I have some questions in mind when asking for quotation. when we were asking for quote, would the contractors give us the breakdown, the price and the material when we just say that we wanted to construct a kitchen? Would like to apologize if this is a silly question. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all,

I also gt a 5room premium in JW. Now waiting for second appointment. Planning to renov before CNY then slowly get the furnitures move in. Haven start sourcing for contractors( I have roughly in mind wat concept i like).But i have this qns in my mind.If I go for contractors, do i choose the material for the wardrobe n kitchen cabinet from them or i will have to source for my own?sorry if its a silly question but i really have no idea....

i leave everything to my contractor haha i dont even know what is the different between homo/ceramic tiles etc thats why it is important to get a trustworthy contractor.

haha but of course if i can afford, i would want to go ID and leave it up to them!

sorry ckoonyin...i didnt check this thread for a long while, if you still want my contractor's contact, pls let me know. my contractor just started my colleague's flat today hehe waiting to go up her house to see...

i leave everything to my contractor haha i dont even know what is the different between homo/ceramic tiles etc thats why it is important to get a trustworthy contractor.

haha but of course if i can afford, i would want to go ID and leave it up to them!

sorry ckoonyin...i didnt check this thread for a long while, if you still want my contractor's contact, pls let me know. my contractor just started my colleague's flat today hehe waiting to go up her house to see...

Hi, linggie

Can I have the contact of your contractor too? :)

Hi All

I also got a unit at St 64, 5 room premium flat (but with slanted living room).

Saw some of you guys engage IDs which only costs up to less than 10k.. Would be very happy if you could share the design with me or maybe PM me the IDs contact.

I am really lost as this is my first flat.

Thanks very much.

Hi All

I also got a unit at St 64, 5 room premium flat (but with slanted living room).

Saw some of you guys engage IDs which only costs up to less than 10k.. Would be very happy if you could share the design with me or maybe PM me the IDs contact.

I am really lost as this is my first flat.

Thanks very much.

less than 10k?? do let me know if you have any !!

Hi guys,

I found an ID which can do my kitchen n 2 toilets for ard 10k but i havent sign with him yet coz havent gotten my keys.

Look for Steven from Substance Interior@Toa Payoh. Say Olivia recommend de. He is very patient and will try his best to fit your requirements within your budget. Of coz cannot be too overboard lah..haha...

Hope that helps.

Kitchen = $4500

Overlay toilet = $ 2000

Painting = $1250

Hualage + chemical wash= $1000

Labour for all installation = $ 600

total after GST less than 11k.

Hihi,

Just got my key at 989C.

See some neighbours here tot wanna say HI :yamseng:

when was ur flat selection date?? i am still waiting to collect my keys for a unit in blk 988.. such a long wait..

my flat selection date was on 01 nov and just a week ago i received e HLE approval letter. :rolleyes:

when was ur flat selection date?? i am still waiting to collect my keys for a unit in blk 988.. such a long wait..

my flat selection date was on 01 nov and just a week ago i received e HLE approval letter. :horse:

U just got ure HLE 1 wk ago?

Wah a bit long leh..................

Hihi,

Just got my key at 989C.

See some neighbours here tot wanna say HI !!

Need some help at below link on my quotation.

5-rm premium for 20K seems very ex.

Please comment

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11453

Thanks.

hi saw the quotation that the ID had quoted u. i m not expert la but just giving u some info of what i know lor.

item 16 - are they giving u the hydronic disk rack? will suggest u to check on the quality of the cabinet drawer. such as the roller of the drawer..

Item 17 - where is yr bomb shelter? a must? cos is not cheap for fabricate wall so if minus out will save abit.

item 18-22 : a must for tv console? they only give u external in laminate finish wor. dun think the console that they quote u is cheap. must consider where they plan to place yr tv. mount yr tv onto the console will hide away yr ugly cable but there is always a cheaper way to do it. dun need to pay 700+ for the tv console. i suppose they quoted u more than 700 for the tv console. there are ready made full height tv console in the market which is cheaper and provide u the flexibility in moving yr console ard. bedroom side head..i no comment. cos depend on individual. for me i will sub to contractor. cheaper. side table can get nice ready made one. cheaper cost. if one suspended, contractor will be cheaper.

item 29 -if u need seat and mirror etc then ok lor. if u just need to a full heigh show cabinet alone. is cheaper. i was quotted $800 for a 4ft full height shoe cabinet.

item 35 - better to ask them for solid top hw much per ft and cabinet is how much per ft. i source for a few quotation and conclusion is that solid top is ard the price of 75-85 per ft. granite is 110 the cheapest. laminated is 30plus to 40plus.

dunno how they run yr electrical. but is x lor. got to see the design they give u and see if there is any way to reduce the cost anot. just my pt of view. by the way, mind to reveal the quote is by which id firm/

Hi all,

I also gt a 5room premium in JW. Now waiting for second appointment. Planning to renov before CNY then slowly get the furnitures move in. Haven start sourcing for contractors( I have roughly in mind wat concept i like).But i have this qns in my mind.If I go for contractors, do i choose the material for the wardrobe n kitchen cabinet from them or i will have to source for my own?sorry if its a silly question but i really have no idea....

u got to tell yr contractor what material and colour tone u want. is best that u ask for yr id view first like the tone, materials, measurement, blah blah blah. cos u got to ensure that the overall result blend in to yr theme.

well, do have some things on my proposed list.

hack down wall to give me mega size MBR where I'll hold my WIW + Study + MBR. All tailor-made capentry in this room.

1 room left untouched

Feature wall in living/dining room, some wall paper here and there

Shoe Cabinet

half-Hack kitchen wall to create bar counter

overlay wall and floor tiles in 2 toilets n kitchen

Create a dry and wet kitchen

kitchen cabinet

L-box at entrance and above tv console

window grille

think that's all

is 20-25k too much for these?

yoz spotkev~One of the ID firm which i had approached also suggest almost the similar thing as u mention above. hack room to make master room bigger. hack wall betwn dining and kitchen to create dry and well. lolx. also the range of 25k. lolx

less than 10k?? do let me know if you have any !!

i got one quote which cost 9k like that. include aircon.