Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
piggiedearz

Jurong West St 64 Residents - (july 07 Ballot)

Just a summary of the defects here:

-cracks/scratches on main door

-cracks/scratches/misalign for 3 rooms' doors

-watermarks seen at corner of a few windows (might indicate water seepage)

-Window's latch stuck, cant open window (push out panel)

-warp glass ****'s bottom window

-most parquet tiles are hollow (all 3 bedrooms) we had stickers all over the floor

-hollow tiles in living/kitchen

-crack on walls (living/2 bedrooms)

-shower screen's rubber/waterproofing corroded (become sticky)

-long line of crack at kit wall

-letterbox cant open at all (key just wun turn)

-hollow walls (liv/all bdrms)

-rust stains on vanity top

Wahaha.. and some some things like masking tape's stickyness cant remove, rusty/needs polishing for the metal pieces at the mirrors/towel hanger etc, paint on outer panel of window...

Didn't manage to ask them to redo my grout. But anyway, they already hack out all my parq and will be re-laying them (all 3 rooms). But they say will take 2mths plus. =?

how do u check for hollow parquet? just like checking for hollow tiles?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Anyone did false ceiling at the living area that stretches to where our living room windows are?The windows frame actually starts from the original ceiling and ends 3/4 before it reaches the floor? Because false ceiling makes the ceiling shorter & will cover a bit of the top window. and even having a curtain pelmet near the windows to hide the railings of the curtains.

Anyone did false ceiling at the living area that stretches to where our living room windows are?The windows frame actually starts from the original ceiling and ends 3/4 before it reaches the floor? Because false ceiling makes the ceiling shorter & will cover a bit of the top window. and even having a curtain pelmet near the windows to hide the railings of the curtains.

me did the false ceiling like below pic... cannot see curtain rod unless stand right under the rod :P

SNC00123.jpg

I do the feature wall next to my storeroom, and place the TV console there, and the false ceiling was connect to storeroom wall with down lights. Which mean that my sofa was place in between the living room window & bedroom wall. :D

With the false ceiling and curtain pelmet around the window.. the windows will look shorter right?

Also, did anyone of you hack and lay new tiles in the kitchen?Need to apply for permit from professional engineering?

With the false ceiling and curtain pelmet around the window.. the windows will look shorter right?

Also, did anyone of you hack and lay new tiles in the kitchen?Need to apply for permit from professional engineering?

when covered with full-length curtains, should be ok bah :dunno:

as for permit, tot only apply with HDB can le mah... ur ID or contractor will do it for u. think it is free.

found some info in HDB website... Building work - Kitchen

hope it helps :sport-smiley-003:

Stay, yup, i checked for hollow parquet just like checking for hollow tiles. Use a rod or anything to knock the tiles, can hear the difference.... and when i walk on the parq, can hear creaking sound lor! den i back trace and knock ard that area. =X

I am hacking the master/living wall to make space for walk in wd.. One ID say he did the same over at our area and HDB asked for PE endorsement, which costs 300+ to be borne by owner. Is it true? :unsure:

rdnest, can u share with me ur contact for the window grilles? thanks!

Edited by esther ng

rdnest, is ur false ceiling 4" or 6" in ht? Is ur house ready with curtain up? Can I go see see? Anyone else house got false ceiling with curtain pelmet done at the living room area?

How the the curtain thread/rod looks like without hiding them in the curtain pelmet false ceiling? I went to check the living rooms in a few blocks at our area and saw like 1 (also nto very sure) and most do not have the false ceiling coming down that go over the windows.

So anyone hack the kitchen floor tiles? I was told the PE endorsement cost abt $600 to be borne by the owner.

I also need to hack wall between MBR and bedroom 2. May need PE endorsement & cost to be borne by owner.

They also said out of entire block of residents maybe PE will only approve 1 or 2 requst.......

Is it true? This is what i hear one..

PM U liao :dancingqueen:

rdnest, is ur false ceiling 4" or 6" in ht? Is ur house ready with curtain up? Can I go see see? Anyone else house got false ceiling with curtain pelmet done at the living room area?

How the the curtain thread/rod looks like without hiding them in the curtain pelmet false ceiling? I went to check the living rooms in a few blocks at our area and saw like 1 (also nto very sure) and most do not have the false ceiling coming down that go over the windows.

Hi Rumi

Mine is 6" height

Have not put up e curtains as reno still on-going... think by next weekend I could do so le.

PM me when u wan to come by, k? :dancingqueen:

675A : samluvbliss, toothytooth, apprye

675B : Spotkev, Alexter, greenskyiv, frances02

676A : ilovecoffee, kiki2004, TinyEyes, mysotic, sengkt, thomnjan

676B : crazygirl48, roseberry, shutiao06, popeye gal, ed12, helenteepl, Gemini06, stay

677A : cyanide, bpheng, vin13

677B : shootmie, piggiedearz

677C : inuya5ha, junxian, norah, baby_ayumi

678A : teodami, Commando, bubbletan, jogal, baby_whyme, jjcian, rdnest, esther

678B : rav3n, GraCieGaL

678C : missyling, adathong, reds79, rafflesjay, payretep, shanabb, night

678D : dar80, NiVleK, Flare, JLEO207

Halo all! :P

:dancingqueen: Joining the Big Family! :dancingqueen:

Stay, yup, i checked for hollow parquet just like checking for hollow tiles. Use a rod or anything to knock the tiles, can hear the difference.... and when i walk on the parq, can hear creaking sound lor! den i back trace and knock ard that area. =X

I am hacking the master/living wall to make space for walk in wd.. One ID say he did the same over at our area and HDB asked for PE endorsement, which costs 300+ to be borne by owner. Is it true? :unsure:

OOOO which lv u at ? for me... no need PE :dancingqueen: save $

675A : samluvbliss, toothytooth, apprye

675B : Spotkev, Alexter, greenskyiv, frances02

676A : ilovecoffee, kiki2004, TinyEyes, mysotic, sengkt, thomnjan

676B : crazygirl48, roseberry, shutiao06, popeye gal, ed12, helenteepl, Gemini06, stay

677A : cyanide, bpheng, vin13

677B : shootmie, piggiedearz

677C : inuya5ha, junxian, norah, baby_ayumi

678A : teodami, Commando, bubbletan, jogal, baby_whyme, jjcian, rdnest, esther

678B : rav3n, GraCieGaL

678C : missyling, adathong, reds79, rafflesjay, payretep, shanabb, night

678D : dar80, NiVleK, Flare, JLEO207

Halo all! :P

:dancingqueen: Joining the Big Family! :dancingqueen:

hi there , welcome to the family !

see u around in t-blog area soon :notti:

:sport-smiley-003::sport-smiley-003: HI Neighbour!!

got t-blog bo?

Hi Hi! :D

Ah Ber! Still Scouting, Learning, Watching, Thinking = BIG HEAD! :rofl:

OOOO which lv u at ? for me... no need PE :dancingqueen: save $

hi there , welcome to the family !

see u around in t-blog area soon :notti:

Xie Xie! :dancingqueen:

Hope to start 1 soon. :notti::notti:

junxian, depends on level? The ID was saying he applied the hacking permit for another unit (i never ask which flr), hdb ask for pe for that wall. so he was saying that he tell us first so that we will be "mentally prepared" that we might need to obtain pe endorsement and pay for it. LOL.

I hope to start my T-blog soon too... Will try to figure out how to first... :sport-smiley-018:

Hi Hi! :D

Ah Ber! Still Scouting, Learning, Watching, Thinking = BIG HEAD! :rofl:

Xie Xie! :dancingqueen:

Hope to start 1 soon. :notti::notti:

dun think lah, just start with floor plan, lots of pictures can liao :dancingqueen:

then share the quotes, we all tell u whether cheap bo......... hehehehehe... me kaypo auntie talking now :P

which blk u fr ah? if same floor plan as mine, me share wif u my quote, then u can go compare mah

hahahahahah... forum 'lock' ah!!! (aka rock)