Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
piggiedearz

Jurong West St 64 Residents - (july 07 Ballot)

junxian, depends on level? The ID was saying he applied the hacking permit for another unit (i never ask which flr), hdb ask for pe for that wall. so he was saying that he tell us first so that we will be "mentally prepared" that we might need to obtain pe endorsement and pay for it. LOL.

I hope to start my T-blog soon too... Will try to figure out how to first... :sport-smiley-018:

ya. If I remember correctly, highfloor no need PE. good luck :yamseng:

in fact ... myself and 2 more #15 floor fellow neighbor here hacked that wall w/o PE

Edited by junxian

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hmm is it the higher the better chance of not needing the permit since the wall structure of the lower floor will need to support the rest of the top floors? win liao i will be staying at low floor!

Hey, no one hack and retile kitchen?

ya. If I remember correctly, highfloor no need PE. good luck :yamseng:

Oh is it! I CERTAINLY HOPE SO!! Hee.. Waste $$

Signed an agreement with a ID liao but have not paid a cent yet. LOL. Told him Sunday den go Expo and pay...

Stay, yup, i checked for hollow parquet just like checking for hollow tiles. Use a rod or anything to knock the tiles, can hear the difference.... and when i walk on the parq, can hear creaking sound lor! den i back trace and knock ard that area. =X

I am hacking the master/living wall to make space for walk in wd.. One ID say he did the same over at our area and HDB asked for PE endorsement, which costs 300+ to be borne by owner. Is it true? :unsure:

rdnest, can u share with me ur contact for the window grilles? thanks!

thanks esther.. shall check that on sat...

another round of check... :(

Stay, yup, i checked for hollow parquet just like checking for hollow tiles. Use a rod or anything to knock the tiles, can hear the difference.... and when i walk on the parq, can hear creaking sound lor! den i back trace and knock ard that area. =X

I am hacking the master/living wall to make space for walk in wd.. One ID say he did the same over at our area and HDB asked for PE endorsement, which costs 300+ to be borne by owner. Is it true? :unsure:

rdnest, can u share with me ur contact for the window grilles? thanks!

thanks esther.. shall check that on sat...

another round of check... :(

dun think lah, just start with floor plan, lots of pictures can liao :dancingqueen:

then share the quotes, we all tell u whether cheap bo......... hehehehehe... me kaypo auntie talking now :P

which blk u fr ah? if same floor plan as mine, me share wif u my quote, then u can go compare mah

hahahahahah... forum 'lock' ah!!! (aka rock)

ahahaha, me staying at 678C corner unit. :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

Floor plan abit similar to yours. :notti: not kaypo lah, we share share experiences ma. :D

Still trying to gather all the quotes. Been listening to IDs talking, visting Expos, reading t-blogs, forums. Wondering if i should be getting a contractor or a ID. So am taking my time ba. :P:P

Have been talking to IDs also. Can be tiring cos every talk is a few hrs... lol...

My unit is the slant living, corridor. Hacking the mbdr wall to do walk in wd.

I am thinking of having aircon in my rooms+living room. Is it more suitable to get a system 4 aircon or a system 3+system 1 or system 3+system 2? Am pretty confused abt this aircon thingy.

Appreciate any help that comes along! Thank you!!!

ahahaha, me staying at 678C corner unit. :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

Floor plan abit similar to yours. :notti: not kaypo lah, we share share experiences ma. :D

Still trying to gather all the quotes. Been listening to IDs talking, visting Expos, reading t-blogs, forums. Wondering if i should be getting a contractor or a ID. So am taking my time ba. :P:P

from what i heard from ID themself... Expo fair actually more expensive when the "package" the works.

Have been talking to IDs also. Can be tiring cos every talk is a few hrs... lol...

I am thinking of having aircon in my rooms+living room. Is it more suitable to get a system 4 aircon or a system 3+system 1 or system 3+system 2? Am pretty confused abt this aircon thingy.

living + dining will most prob need 2 units .. unless you plan to go with a bedroom w/o aircond ... or else 3 + 2 is the way to go :sport-smiley-003:

my wife also dropped the idea of having living room aircond as we can't afford 3 + 2 ..haha

http://singapore-aircon.blogspot.com/

I realised so many of you are having WIW, are u all doing WIW without doors, with just the structure bone? I am also going to do WIW, but I am a messy person, so I don't think I can stand the sight of messy wardrobe and rather hide it behind doors. So my WIW comes with 2 sliding doors and 1 casement. HAHA

Nah. no need. i got system 4.. after consulting the aircon pple and reading the blog.

3 bedrooms + 1 in living/dining area. where the indoor unit in the living/dining will have a bigger BTU to support the size of that area . But overall ur outdoor unit compressor must be strong enuff (say 34000K or above) to support 3 x 9000BTU + 1 x 22000BTU.

But if u switch on all 4 rooms at the same time, the aircon in some rooms may not be as cold. Anyway we are unlikely to switch on all 4 at the same time.

Edited by rumi

Rumi, thanks for the aircon link! :yamseng:

Btw, anyone had ventilation fan installed? Any contacts to share? But i had 1 ID telling me that as we only have 1 row of glass louvre window in the bathroom, HDB dont allow a ventilation fan to be fitted...

=X

Edited by esther ng

we installed system 3 for 3 rooms & system 2 for living/dining area

2 compressors at least nt to siong to work :P

see my t-blog for the location of the blower units. :dancingqueen:

Yup! talk to 1 ID 2-3hrs, talk to 10 IDs 20-30hrs!!! :P:P

from what i heard from ID themself... Expo fair actually more expensive when the "package" the works.

Ya, They mark up higher than give us a 10% discount. 8|8|

:sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004: ya, everyday do homework! haha! :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

Ya! now everyday do homework!! Spoke to ids.. each talk really 2-3hrs, and meet each id twice (once to share idea on wat we want and another to get quotation) really brain dead after each session. LOL.

Shld be gg down to expo to pay my deposit to a ID tml liao.... den at least settle ID first and end the ID search. My ID search lasted a month. LOL.

Then next will be getting aircon, fridge & washing machine so tat can give ID measurements ba.. hee..

One step at a time...

Hi Hi, long time nvr come to this talk. Had been busy preparing for wedding. Finally over.... glad to c so many new comers. but my next dr neighbour still no news. think its still not sold...

Hi esther ng,

saw ur chat. my air-con is also a 3+2 unit as my hubby says that if only 1 compressor runing with all air-con ON its gonna waste $$ only as its not even cool. ( His friend's hse is a very gd example). Hee hee.. So u better think twice . hope its still not too late to change ur mind. As for the WIW, i did mine w/o the hacking any wall. think u can view my Blog for come idea tought had not been updating. :unsure:

Edited by Helenteepl