Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
krytorn

Types of aircon tubing insulation recommeded?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi there,

I jus went to BEST TECH (at IMM, the 3rd aircon shop besides Gain City n All BEST)...

was recommended by this salesman to use K-flex for my insulation...he very strongly tell me this is the best material in the market for insulation....

Can anyone advise if K-flex is really better than other materials like armaflex n totaline??

And has anyone use BEST TECH for their aircon installation...cos i dunno how their workmanship is like..

Will appreciate any comments....Many thank!!

Cheers

Erm, just for knowledge, Class 0 and Class 1 are fire retardant standards, which means it will only matters if your house is on fire and determine how badly your insulation will be burnt.

This will be very impt for those people who want the aircon to be in working condition when there's a fire in your house - if you are one of them, make sure the installer gives you the 'high-class' type of insulation.

Oops...pun intended...

Okok, IMO the brand and the class of the insulation is not impt to me at all - most impt is the thickness of the insulation, which will retain the refrigrant (spelling?) temperature thru' out the trunking, so that it will not take such a long time to cool your room and not make the compressor work so hard...

Edited by zirhk3355