Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chou_sei

Colonial/peranakan Look

Hi all, noob to the forum...

After searching ard, think your community here is the most vibrant. :P

I want a Colonial/Perankan look for my new terrace house. Although it's not located in the Katong/Joo Chiat/Tanjong Rhu area, i grew up there and am feeling nostaglic. Thus decided on a colonial/perankan look. However it is very rare that i find an example from the ID mags i've been buying. Out of the last three months, I bought *all* the available magazines (local/malaysian) at Times Newslink and i could only find *one* example.

Wondering if any one can help me direct to someone who is experienced in this area?

Or would any ID do?

Seems like the only things familar with most IDs are the Contemporary / Zen / Classic / Resort / Country.

Many thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all, noob to the forum...

After searching ard, think your community here is the most vibrant. zz

I want a Colonial/Perankan look for my new terrace house. Although it's not located in the Katong/Joo Chiat/Tanjong Rhu area, i grew up there and am feeling nostaglic. Thus decided on a colonial/perankan look. However it is very rare that i find an example from the ID mags i've been buying. Out of the last three months, I bought *all* the available magazines (local/malaysian) at Times Newslink and i could only find *one* example.

Wondering if any one can help me direct to someone who is experienced in this area?

Or would any ID do?

Seems like the only things familar with most IDs are the Contemporary / Zen / Classic / Resort / Country.

Many thanks.

:dunno: upzz

hmm.. i assume u have searched around on the Internet ? Google will bring up a treasure trove. Even if there is no exact pic of Colonian/Peranakan pics, find out what the common influences are and work from there

hi chousei

peranakan/colonial style is very rare in singapore or used. i would very much recommend u to my fren id. from wat i see when i saw the consultation between him and my fren, the way his approach is very different. he will show his precedence studies from the very basic of each style. he manage to capture the essence of the desired design. its very convincing as he doesnt practice of using the cut and paste from magazine method which alot of id practice. wat he gave is very original. thats wat a true id should be from my point of view. u could try to contact him and talk to him and see if ur comfortable with him. the time when i came with my fren, we had 2 meeting with him. the first was about him interviewing and understand wat my fren want and need. the second was when he gave my fren a 3d graphics of their home with the design and a layout plan. all these shown even without them signing an agreement. so i could say its a non obligation consultation. u can try to contact him at his office. by the way, how to email u his office no.?

welcome to the forum..

this is quite rare design for your place..

hope u can share pictures in the T-blog once u found the right ID for your place! :jawdrop:

sure. but let's not put the cart before the horse. will need to get started and see how feasible it would be. i'm quite prepared to spend a fair bit but let's see the costing first. (and more impt the design).

check back here if i have any updates from the leads.

thank so much!

no problem at all chou_sei,

i myself is very excited to see the design..its very rare and hopefully u could share the process and the design wif us. i cant wait to do my house as im getting married next year. rite now im like super kpo...hahahaha...better keep update and understand the whole process before doing it :dunno:

newae, good luck with ur reno chou_sei :D

hi chousei

peranakan/colonial style is very rare in singapore or used. i would very much recommend u to my fren id. from wat i see when i saw the consultation between him and my fren, the way his approach is very different. he will show his precedence studies from the very basic of each style. he manage to capture the essence of the desired design. its very convincing as he doesnt practice of using the cut and paste from magazine method which alot of id practice. wat he gave is very original. thats wat a true id should be from my point of view. u could try to contact him and talk to him and see if ur comfortable with him. the time when i came with my fren, we had 2 meeting with him. the first was about him interviewing and understand wat my fren want and need. the second was when he gave my fren a 3d graphics of their home with the design and a layout plan. all these shown even without them signing an agreement. so i could say its a non obligation consultation. u can try to contact him at his office. by the way, how to email u his office no.?

hi artintarch, can pm me the id's contact as well please? I am also in the midst of looking for an id... thanks in advance.

hi guys,

heres something to share. this is the graphics that was given to my fren other than the layout plan before they sign up. this was given during their second meeting. the id wants to make sure that both of them is working towards the same direction so that there will be no **** up in the future. by looking at the picture, my fren was convinced and it also show that the id understand wat they are looking for. they sign up with him and now the reno is finishing. tomorrow my fren will bring me to their place and look at the work done...ehhehe(cant wait for that). im still looking ard but so far hes still in the top list when come to design. i will noe the workmanship tomorrow when i see with my own eyes. anyway ive got months to shop ard still...hehehehe..i will share with u guys and maybe i will snap some pictures. my fren told me that they did some changes. we ll see tomorrow.....

proposal1copyvr6.th.jpg

proposal12copybx9.th.jpg

no problem at all chou_sei,

i myself is very excited to see the design..its very rare and hopefully u could share the process and the design wif us. i cant wait to do my house as im getting married next year. rite now im like super kpo...hahahaha...better keep update and understand the whole process before doing it :sport-smiley-018:

newae, good luck with ur reno chou_sei :unsure:

Been tied up with work this two weeks. Lemme see if i can take some pics of the mag-design-that-i-like and post it here. I've got a floorplan but it's not scanned yet. Maybe i'd do both soon and get them out during the weekend.

hi chousei,

yeah that will be interesting. i think with supported visuals, we could tell the id our intention. thats a gd idea. i can also start to get mine ehheheeh...so hows things going?