Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
osprey

Looking For Privacy Window Film

Hi,

I am looking for privacy window film to cover my full length window. That is to say, outside can't really see thru easily but from inside, can see out, yet retain teh clear glass effect. Does anyone got lobang or recommendation for this ? Appreciate your advice.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

I am looking for privacy window film to cover my full length window. That is to say, outside can't really see thru easily but from inside, can see out, yet retain teh clear glass effect. Does anyone got lobang or recommendation for this ? Appreciate your advice.

You are actually asking for a "one-way mirror", lighting conditions are important for this application. "Observer" side must be always darker........no such thing as True one-way mirror. Curtain is still the best, try make a 2-layer curtains, one thin, one dark. Apply thin to let light in, but others can't completely see through....

http://www.apexfilms.ca/one-way_two-way_mirror.htm

Edited by bepgof

Mine is corridor unit, hence I used those frosted films to stick onto my windows. Effect is very much to my satisfaction and I don't have to install curtains or blinds for privacy.

Edited by JadeShrimp

Mine is corridor unit, hence I used those frosted films to stick onto my windows. Effect is very much to my satisfaction and I don't have to install curtains or blinds for privacy.

hi jadeshrimp, I'm sourcing for those frosted films as well. Mind sharing where you got yours and for how much? :)

Hi JadeShrimp, I am interested in the film as well. can PM me the details? Thanks.

Hi JadeShrimp, I am interested in the film as well. can PM me the details? Thanks.

DIY shops like homefix.... got all these. 1 roll (got small & big)big ~$30. Bought ~ 3 yrs ago. Need sharp pen knife & soap water + patience.

Edited by bepgof

DIY shops like homefix.... got all these. 1 roll (got small & big)big ~$30. Bought ~ 3 yrs ago. Need sharp pen knife & soap water + patience.

haha... true true... DIY is the cheapest... but can find shop that sell 3M products where u can buy in m square so that you won't have join lines.... its around ubi area....

Has anyone seen decorative window films being sold anywhere in SG? (window films with some patterns..) thks!

there are some in Home Fix. But not many choices. Am hunting for some frosted films myself.

there are some in Home Fix. But not many choices. Am hunting for some frosted films myself.

i think you can call self fix, or ask someone to paste frosted films. I did mine window frosted film at $70.

i think you can call self fix, or ask someone to paste frosted films. I did mine window frosted film at $70.

May I ask how big your window is? I'm looking to cover the bathroom windows from peering eyes...

$70 is for how many windows?

I wanna do frosted films for all windows in 2 bedrooms and living room.. an unfortunate corner corridor unit.

probably also the window panes of bathrooms.. to prevent me from looking at others ^_^

$70 is for how many windows?

I wanna do frosted films for all windows in 2 bedrooms and living room.. an unfortunate corner corridor unit.

probably also the window panes of bathrooms.. to prevent me from looking at others ^_^

window length 180cm (living room 2 panel), mine also next to corner corridor unit, window panes of bathrooms need to paste frosted film meh?

Edited by dean

May I ask how big your window is? I'm looking to cover the bathroom windows from peering eyes...

2 panel @ living room length 180cm, are u refering to louvres windows? how to paste when there's grill on it?

My service yard overlooked the corridor therefore have also DIY the privacy window film for my kitchen glass windows. A few shots of the done up glass windows can be seen in my blog.

We have followed these steps as directed by the DIY shop owner :-

1.Cleaned the window glasses. Spray the mixture content from the spray bottle on the entire window, to make it wet and slippery.

2.Carefully moved the cut window film on the slippery glass to it exact location and position.

3.Use the plastic window blade to adjust the film on the glass and to scrape off the bubbles downright under the film.

4.A pen-knife may be necessary to trim off the little excess measurement of window film at the glass corner edge.

5.And once done, let the window film dry up for awhile.

6.Do the same step from 1 to 5 doing the same for the next window glass.

Pearl