Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
typ126

Kitchen Stove In Fengshui

I heard from a friend to get a 3 burner hob rather than 2 burners. Cos 2 burners hob will effect relationship between you and husband. Is it true?

I thought kitchen layout only will effect family health, advised by Master Chang.

Edited by typ126

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I heard from a friend to get a 3 burner hob rather than 2 burners. Cos 2 burners hob will effect relationship between you and husband. Is it true?

I thought kitchen layout only will effect family health, advised by Master Chang.

If you have engage master chang, then it is ok to ignore your friend unless he is master chang's teacher. For any queries, it is good to ask master chang. I don't recall him tell me must have 1, 2 or 3 burners but he is concern with the stove position.

Auntie, If your friend's theory holds true, I can tell you the "2 burners" hob must have been extinguished years ago, or such manufacturers must have been put to jail & executed by lady judges.

Edited by bepgof

Auntie, If your friend's theory holds true, I can tell you the "2 burners" hob must have been extinguished years ago, or such manufacturers must have been put to jail & executed by lady judges.

Aiya bepgof,

Some peoples may not believe "Hong Zhui" mah.

Aiya bepgof,

Some peoples may not believe "Hong Zhui" mah.

Actually, from a broader perspective, FS coverage is very wide, everything, as long as there are "living things". The so called "non-believebers" actually also apply FS principles. FS studies "survival". Or put it bluntly the other way round, those non-survived is because fs no good. "2-burner" hob still survive, cos the society supports the demand. Society supports "one husband one wife" system. Of cource, there is always some minority wants shortcut & loopholes.........Wife/husband relationship broke....many reasons lah.

Edited by bepgof

Actually, from a broader perspective, FS coverage is very wide, everything, as long as there are "living things". The so called "non-believebers" actually also apply FS principles. FS studies "survival". Or put it bluntly the other way round, those non-survived is because fs no good. "2-burner" hob still survive, cos the society supports the demand. Society supports "one husband one wife" system. Of cource, there is always some minority wants shortcut & loopholes.........Wife/husband relationship broke....many reasons lah.

Talking about 2 burners and 3 burners, reminded me of my mom's advice.

I bought 2 burners stove (cuz the 3 burners out of stock).

My mum asked why I bought the 2 burners one. Not good. Should get 3 burners.

Three burners means not "even" (cuz not a pair, from the chinese saying), hence you will get more to make it "even".

She insists to buy those extra single burner for my kitchen.

I'm being stubborn cuz I don't need it and it's unsightly. So, never follow advice.

Talking about 2 burners and 3 burners, reminded me of my mom's advice.

I bought 2 burners stove (cuz the 3 burners out of stock).

My mum asked why I bought the 2 burners one. Not good. Should get 3 burners.

Three burners means not "even" (cuz not a pair, from the chinese saying), hence you will get more to make it "even".

She insists to buy those extra single burner for my kitchen.

I'm being stubborn cuz I don't need it and it's unsightly. So, never follow advice.

Since young till now, I don't to cook, always got "somebody" to cook for me, good life leh. MIL is staying with me & does all the cookings, she also insisted on 3-burners, I even asked why, here was here reply: 4 too obstructing, 2 too little, 3- one for spare for just in case, one for boiling water another for frying with wok. She has strong concept on "spare" - Kitchen has many "spares", tiolet rolls, canned food, bowl, plates, choppstick, bloom, plastic bags......Wife kena influenced like to keep spare cash, especially those emptied "Ang Bao", in term of few hundres......lol

Edited by bepgof

Since young till now, I don't to cook, always got "somebody" to cook for me, good life leh. MIL is staying with me & does all the cookings, she also insisted on 3-burners, I even asked why, here was here reply: 4 too obstructing, 2 too little, 3- one for spare for just in case, one for boiling water another for frying with wok. She has strong concept on "spare" - Kitchen has many "spares", tiolet rolls, canned food, bowl, plates, choppstick, bloom, plastic bags......Wife kena influenced like to keep spare cash, especially those emptied "Ang Bao", in term of few hundres......lol

ur mil also believe in redundancy system. like singapore garment leh

What are the common stove position which should be avoided?

If you have engage master chang, then it is ok to ignore your friend unless he is master chang's teacher. For any queries, it is good to ask master chang. I don't recall him tell me must have 1, 2 or 3 burners but he is concern with the stove position.

What are the common stove position which should be avoided?

This has been a very challanging issue in fs. In kitchen we need fire to cook & water to wash, luckily no wood is needed to make the fire, or else... Our fire does not produce any ash(earth) (cos no wood), some more kitchen with so many metallic stuff, got ceramic tiles and some clay pot as earth, so all the 5 elements co-exist together within confined space with the cooker in the centre, good or no good?

South fire, North water, East wood, West metal, Centre earth. I also very confusing lah. But try not to near window and kitchen/tiolet entrances, why?

Edited by bepgof

This has been a very challanging issue in fs. In kitchen we need fire to cook & water to wash, luckily no wood is needed to make the fire, or else... Our fire does not produce any ash(earth) (cos no wood), some more kitchen with so many metallic stuff, got ceramic tiles and some clay pot as earth, so all the 5 elements co-exist together within confined space with the cooker in the centre, good or no good?

South fire, North water, East wood, West metal, Centre earth. I also very confusing lah. But try not to near window and kitchen/tiolet entrances, why?

Ya. Why???

Ya. Why???

I applied common sense & observation/experiences:

Windows got winds, disturbing fire flame, waste gas=waste money, mil insists on "built in burners" only. Entrances are meant for ppl in/out, while great cook doing his job , make sure his position not obstructing the human traffic flow. If stove kena catches fire, or, touch wood...., ppls inside inside can evacuate via entrances.

Bro Ngunadi, I anyhow guess you stove/hob might have been placed quite near entrance (some more got wooden frame)that master Chang asked you to paste dark film as protective- wood not being burnt to ash! ......

I'll share my layout within a day or 2.

Edited by bepgof

I applied common sense & observation/experiences:

Windows got winds, disturbing fire flame, waste gas=waste money, mil insists on "built in burners" only. Entrances are meant for ppl in/out, while great cook doing his job , make sure his position not obstructing the human traffic flow. If stove kena catches fire, or, touch wood...., ppls inside inside can evacuate via entrances.

Bro Ngunadi, I anyhow guess you stove/hob might have been placed quite near entrance (some more got wooden frame)that master Chang asked you to paste dark film as protective- wood not being burnt to ash! ......

I'll share my layout within a day or 2.

Actually, Master Chang asked, who usually cook. And since I'm the one who is usually cook, my wife is advised not to be in the kitchen when I cook. And since the door is glass/transparent, Master Chang asked to put dark film.

Maybe the fire would affect my wife hence need to have protective film?

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/6307/origtk.jpg

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/3266/revisedz.jpg

Here are my layout, original & revised. Built in 1979, move in early 2010, $518k+10kcov, typical pt-blk, original state (lok kok), 4 units per floor, #23, morning sun, "balcony' facing N(no more bal, floor flushed with hall, become part of hall). Main reno=69K+, rewiring/ aircon/hod/hood/oven/tv/blue ray/console =90k+. I did apply some fs knowledge here, invited 3rd bro to site for "2nd opinion" after recd key.

1. Noticed total 5 beams (height=14") over hall, dining, study(est window), kitchen. -Once enter hall, beams very obvious during viewing, felt being "pressed" especially when stood under beams (beams not indicated in original plan) - to counter to reduce the "pressing" effects, do 5" fasle ceiling, L, rectangular, square boxes over hall/dining/study/rooms. Kitchen's beam can't do anything, so just leave it.

2. Found balcony obstructing (with sliding drs), removed s.dr, flush fl even level with hall. All windors changes to alu epoxy casement type.

3. No "throat" issue, but "store room" besides "throat" is an issue- storeroom meant for storing "unsighted" stuff.....this "room" is a bit special-removed door frame and door, installed a horizontal blind from within. So this is not a "room".

4. See original plan, felt "not bright enough" at locations: dining, kitchen and hall portion near kitchen. I walked in/out via original kitc entrance many times during viewing, my wife said I "seow" leh. I even stretched my arms to "measure in the air" the length of wall.(There was then a cabinet placed aginst the wall). Actually I was calculating, intend to open a 48" entrance, with L,R sliding doors. To counter the "dim" locations: Sealed orig entrance half height, another half cover with 10mm transparent glass, knock down wholw wall to construct a 48" entrance to kitchen/hall. But cannot 48", can only 44", unless the glass doors protrude out 2 inches each from L & R when fully open. No choice, finally told ID ok lah open 44"!.

5. Construct 2 x 6 ft study benches at east windows (L&R) with suspended shelf & cabin. Shifted mbr's door toward dining, to make a 6ft to the study bench. Change mbr door's swing dir, but realised when door open "big big", ppl at hall can see inside mbr - "General sits behind rule" applied here - built 2 pilers to "block" the view, yet allow air flow. Built another 3 pilers at L study bench for daughter, let her to have some "Left-side backing" effect while at study area, not to distract her concentration while ppl walking ard hall/dining. Another 3 piles at side of TV console for "swee" - just to make total 8 pilers.

6. A 12ft half-height mirror at dinning wall. ID told me max lenghth for lift to take is 8 ft, no chice, break the mirrors into 2ft-8ft-2ft, joined vertically side by side. Reason for mirror to be there: 1. "swee", 2. look more spacious/bright up space, 3. "double the food", 4. Comb hair/adjust cloth in rush hr. 5. Self admiration, 6. practice speech.

7. I changed all the door frames, except main door's - just merely follow the "2nd opinion" from 3rd bro - he said something very "imaginative", can't really stay in my mind. Asked me to install the main door & gate's direction as in revised plan - a "welcome home" signification he siad.

8. Top-hung sliding doors (glass)at both tiolets, swing glass doors for 3 rooms. One 4ftx2ft granited-bench outside main door.

9. One last but not least: I specially marked the locations(before installation) for ceiling fans, one at hall (center to L box), one at dining (centre to square box). For? Even distribution of "chi" - I supposed.

Edited by bepgof

8. Top-hung sliding doors (glass)at both tiolets, swing glass doors for 3 rooms. One 4ftx2ft granited-bench outside main door.

9. One last but not least: I specially marked the locations(before installation) for ceiling fans, one at hall (center to L box), one at dining (centre to square box). For? Even distribution of "chi" - I supposed.

Nice modifications there. I never really considered the lighting issue for the kitchen. On the hindsight, I should though maybe nothing much can be done.

- Have been checking several nurseries near jalan kayu or kovan. Still can't find the suitable granite bench yet.

- My wife is not keen on ceiling fans, she said it would give her "headache" and "enter wind"(don't know suitable english translation for this). So, bo pian.