Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Mummy Lynn

Open Concept Kitchen Good For Fengshui?

Hi, i intend to hack away my kitchen walls to do up a open concept kitchen but my fsm mentioned that its not recommended as it will means money and luck will flow out easily. Is this true? Anybody has consult fsm before and have a solution to this? My kitchen is miserably small and dark so i would prefer to hack away the walls...anybody can advise? Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi, i intend to hack away my kitchen walls to do up a open concept kitchen but my fsm mentioned that its not recommended as it will means money and luck will flow out easily. Is this true? Anybody has consult fsm before and have a solution to this? My kitchen is miserably small and dark so i would prefer to hack away the walls...anybody can advise? Thanks!

Hi

Hah, got such thing?! Who is this fsm?

Maybe, maybe not depending where he's arriving from. Your fsm should have other option what...

Maybe you should ask your fsm what happen to all those condos with open concepts....all also money and luck flows like a river?

Hi Ivy,

The fsm i engage nobody mention about her in renotalk. anyway, she was saying that stove and sink should not be facing the door or opening. So if i hack away all the walls, the stove and sink will definitely facing the door or opening ma since no walls at all. Ask her got any "remedy" if i insist on hacking than she say no. she say got this ang mo customer also dun listen to her and hack the kitchen wall of his condo, end up his business immediately go downhill, his wife who is doing sales never close any deal for 2 months and their child keep falling sick also. The ang mo went back to her again for help ( i guess he build back the wall) and everything went back to normal. I so lost now leh... :(

hi,

hmm. i also hack my kitchen walls but replace wif half cabinets n glass panel.

My FSM never say no gd for my case.

if u wan, mayb u can try to ask another FSM regarding tis prob. c whether the other FSM say the same ting or nt...

About open concept kitchen. Look at those Restaurants (selling 'Xiao Long Pau') or those even those Bakeries (Br###Talk)

Do you think their money and luck are flowing out easily too? :paint:

hi,

hmm. i also hack my kitchen walls but replace wif half cabinets n glass panel.

My FSM never say no gd for my case.

if u wan, mayb u can try to ask another FSM regarding tis prob. c whether the other FSM say the same ting or nt...

Who's your FSM? can recommend? Thanks!

i believe you can hack open the walls but replace with mid/full height glass. this is more practical as it will let in the light and will also keep in the smells within the kitchen...

hi... i am not a fsm. just quote a fs book i read about open concept kitchen.

stove is where meals are prepared and fengshui emphasis that kitchen is where the family wealth is. stove conflicts with wind because fire can be blown out, thus unable to retain wealth. as a result, open concept kitchen will expose the wealth condition and cause the family financial difficulties.

Swift, i thought of what you mentioned too. But I've read somewhere on what Linus has bring up also... wanna go ahead and hack but also"kia si"... if i know, i will not get a fsm le. ignorant is a bliss!

in general, i think open concept kitchen is not good for FS, as your kitchen is your weath bank so you can let people see through.

I had an open concept kitchen in my old flat. Life was not smooth for us, many quarrels, hotpitalisation etc... FSM adviced us to erect the wall back and after that, things improve.

Same here, wants a open concept kitchen for my 3room flat. Going to hack storeroom & kitchen entrance wall to make space for dining area. As a result, facing the same FS concern like yours. Maybe I will havee a high cabinet to block. Still exploring other ways.

in general, i think open concept kitchen is not good for FS, as your kitchen is your weath bank so you can let people see through.

I had an open concept kitchen in my old flat. Life was not smooth for us, many quarrels, hotpitalisation etc... FSM adviced us to erect the wall back and after that, things improve.

Same here, wants a open concept kitchen for my 3room flat. Going to hack storeroom & kitchen entrance wall to make space for dining area. As a result, facing the same FS concern like yours. Maybe I will havee a high cabinet to block. Still exploring other ways.

why not add a glass wall there instead? still can look through but still sealed up within the kitchen right? My FSM said its ok but must be sealed up

why not add a glass wall there instead? still can look through but still sealed up within the kitchen right? My FSM said its ok but must be sealed up

Thanks for the suggestion. Need to find out with ID whether/whatever feasible.

Hmm my family and I have been having stove facing the sink for years... hmm maybe its time to change.. What really are the implications of having stove and sink facing each other?